Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mothers Day Creations

This is what I am working on at the moment.  A bag for Mum for Mothers Day.  I got inspired to make hexagons after checking out Lisa's.  I planned on using more of Nanny's scrap fabrics to make this bag so a few pieces became this hexagon.  Hexagon tutorial from here.  The reverse of the bag is patchworked scraps and you can see the handles below. 
Now lets hope the sewing machine is in a mood for sewing plastic this afternoon.

And my other project are these vintage tea cup bird feeders, seen here.  A great way to recycle old teacups.

Lastly, my 2 finds at the Antique Fair recently.  This teacup would make a super duper bird feeder but I am a bit partial to yellow teacups at the moment so it will stay unglued for now.

Have a Happy Mothers Day!
xxx

3 comments:

Kate said...

Hello! I've just been catching up on your last few posts and you've been making some gorgeous things. I LOVE that beach skirt with the doily on it. Thanks for the link to that bag, it is such a brilliant idea. I hope you have a great mothers' day tomorrow and get spoiled rotten. Do you need a different foot for sewing plastic?

Lisa said...

Love your hex's!

granma said...

Very clever