Monday, January 18, 2010

Crochet Project and a Sneak Peak at my Bathroom Progress

As always when it comes to anything involving wool I don't finish stuff!
The bebop cardigan for Lilly is no further advanced than here and might get a bit more done next stint of night shift possibly.

So here I go starting something else!  It only involved a tiny bit more in the way of supplies, white wool for the edges.  I am making these cute little grannyish squares to make into a cushion for Lill's bed and I am going to edge them all in white, will figure out the back later, so far I am thinking a small print floral cotton.
This is Lucy's cute pattern, cept I didn't bobble the middle section, I just did clusters of 2 trebles or double crochets.  The bebop cardi uses bobbles and to be honest I can't see that they are that bobbly!  And bobbling makes me think too hard and crochet shouldn't make you think too hard, agree?

Next up I give you my bathroom, all but done! Massive cheers!
I am loving it except those wall tiles are not really white are they, they are supposed to be alabaster and in my books alabaster is almost white.  They are gorgeous though and massive things.  We have tiled floor to ceiling and those glass mosaic niches are just going to be the best. We are just waiting on the shower screen and mirror and taps to go on then its done!


Here is the super duper vanity.  Designed by me and made to fit every spare bit of space available!  There is a secret laundry shute in that first door in the middle and those drawers are so deep.  I need to get some Ikea dividers cause everything will be standing up rather than lying down in the drawers.  The drawers and doors are gloss white vinyl wraps and the top is stone, think it was called Torino, its all fairly boring colours but means I can have a shiny green plant on the bench and change my mind between chocolate, hot pink or even lime green accessories.
We also have a new toilet that has an easily removable lid and seat so I can clean it with bleach if I want, since we can't put anything like that down the drains (we have an Ecosafe sewerage treatment plant to look after!) Painting the toilet walls and bathroom ceiling is next up followed by choosing towel rails and drawer handles, so stay tuned for the finished product.

No comments: