Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Busy December


I didn't have time to blog in December, so here is a start at a few things I made...

a Glam Green Bag for our favourite kindy teacher.  I found this cute Norweigian Birds print at Spotlight surprisingly and used some co-ordinating hot pink and lime green spots for the lining.  My machine played up big time making this and then has continued to play up now when I sew PVC or felt, I NEED A NEW ONE!

I said goodbye (to the cupboard as a backup and keep for Miss Lilly one day) to this old girl, Mum gave this new retro model about 10 years ago and it is good but not fantastic and since I busted the big bowl (I know I could have got a replacement) and it spins like a maniac, it was time for me to get this little ripper....


It is a whole new world with this thing.  I cannot describe how good it is.  The colour is Ice Blue.  We called her Gloria cause she is Glorious, sad but true.  The kids love her too.  I made my Aunty's secret recipe christmas biscuits in it with the dough hook, easy as.  I've even used it whiz up scrambled eggs, fritters, pancake batter and of course meringues, macaroons, christmas cake batter, gingerbread houses, chocolate mousse.  I am yet to make a pavlova.

I'll get back with some pictures of the clothes and gifts I made soon too.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Terribly terribly jealous! LOVE KitchenAids, enjoy!

daylesford organics said...

Happy new year! We adore our kitchen aid too and use it probably almost every day but sadly we haven't named her. Better get onto that asap. I hope this year is creative, fun and inspiring for you and your family.