Friday, October 15, 2010

Little Red Riding Hood

Here is Lilly's bookweek costume from last month.
Little Red Riding Hood
 We did quite a bit of recycling and reusing for this outfit.
 
The red cape was mine when I was a little girl and is in super condition considering its 30 years old!  I lived in this thing, it was actually a super hero cape that my Grandmother made me and in later years she added the hood when I needed a bookweek costume.
We used the Handmade Dress Miss Madeline pattern again, but had to upsize it a bit to fit Lilly girl now she is a size 12.  We also reused a favourite doily, that was on a Miss Madeline dress a while back.

We used some cute red embroidered ribbon on the hem too.  And made a simple basket liner which Lilly wanted to fill with cookies for her classmates.
 Pretty girl picking flowers from our garden bright and early in the morning.

1 comment:

eva mei and me said...

WEll done, I love the use of the doilie - great costume, great recycling.